STANLY COUNTY FAMILY YMCA
Stay on top of the latest news from the Y. Read the latest Y Knot Edition.
Thank you to all who came out to participate in the 1st Annual Swim for Smith Swim Meet. Fun was had by all and over $1,000 was raised for the cause!
BACKPACK FOOD DRIVE - The Fitness Department is sponsoring a Backpack Food Drive to collect items for the 40 Backpacks distributed weekly to children in need of food over the weekends. Through the month of November we are asking members to bring in items to help with this outreach program. Read More
SPLASH AND DASH RESULTS - Official results for the Annual Splash and Dash Biathlon. Congrats to all who participate in this event!
AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION OPEN - Did you know the Y offers afterschool at the following locations: Aquadale, Badin, Endy, Locust, Richfield, Stanfield, West Stanly Middle, and the Y Pavilion. Read More
STANLY COUNTY FAMILY YMCA LOCKER ROOM POLICY - Please be aware of the Stanly County Family YMCA locker room policy. Read More
GROUP SWIM LESSONS
The Y’s new swim lesson progression curriculum is designed to help participants reach their goals and provide a clear progression track.
Benefits of this approach include:
- Accommodating students of varying abilities and ages
- Fostering a sense of achievement and self-confidence
- Staying grounded in a skill continuum that allows students to move easily from one stage to the next with clearly defined stages of progress along the way. See detailed information on the new skills taught in each of the stages.
- Encouraging students to have fun and develop new friendships through group activities
- Improving communication about student’s progress
Students can register for one of eight stages under our three swim categories depending upon their age and current swim ability: