STANLY COUNTY FAMILY YMCA
- Stay on top of this week's happenings at the Y by reading our Weekly E-Newsletter, The Y Knot Now - September 26.
AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION OPEN - Did you know the Y offers afterschool at the following locations: Aquadale, Badin, Endy, Locust, Richfield, Stanfield, West Stanly Middle, and the Y Pavilion. Read More
STANLY COUNTY FAMILY YMCA RENOVATION SCHEDULED - The Y has renovation scheduled for the following areas during the month of September - Minnie's Place, Gym/Track, and Racquetball Courts. Due to this renovation, we will need to close and relocate programs/services during that time. Please be aware of the closing schedule. Relocation of services/programs will be posted in September.
STANLY COUNTY FAMILY YMCA LOCKER ROOM POLICY - Please be aware of the Stanly County Family YMCA locker room policy. Read More
NURTURING OUR YOUNGER YOUTH
The Stanly County Family YMCA welcomes our members’ children, grades K-5th, to a special place just for them - High 5! We are conveniently located on the main floor across from the youth locker rooms.
We provide a secure, nurturing, comfortable, and attractive environment for MEMBERS’ children to meet and play with their “Y friends” while parents enjoy their time at the Y. Children will be offered homework supervision, free play, themed crafts, chapter books, games and gym, and always, a listening ear by caring staff.
Free of charge, High 5 is a benefit to your membership. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the following policies:
- High 5 is open to members’ children K-5th grades only (no exceptions for younger or older). Please be prepared to complete one registration card per child upon your first visit.
- Children can stay in High 5 up to two hours at a time.
- Please bring all necessary materials for your child’s homework if it’s to be done at High 5.
- LABEL EVERYTHING with first and last names. All unclaimed belongings will be donated to charity at the end of each month.
- Parents are welcome to accompany their children to the Youth Lobby to have a snack and/or beverage before, during, or after High 5 reservation time. Water is available for all children.
- Parents are required to make advance reservations for their child(ren) at the Membership Desk, 704-982-1916. Reservations for Monday mornings must be made by 3 pm on Saturday (or by 4 pm on Sundays Oct-May). Reservations for Tuesday-Saturday mornings must be made by 7 pm the night before. Reservations for evening hours must be made by 3 pm on the same day. No Exceptions The number of reservations and the ages of the children determines staffing needs. Walk-ins, drop-ins, and call-ins are not accepted.
- High 5 will only be open on weekday mornings when the Stanly County Schools are closed.
- High 5 can be used only while parents are using the facility. Children may not be left in Minnie’s Place during non-operating hours.
- Please call to change or cancel your reservation. Staff will wait at least 15 minutes for a child to arrive before closing Minnie’s Place. If there is a record of 3 “no-shows” for the month, you will be charged a $5.00 fee.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Saturday 8:15 am - 11:30 am
Sunday (Oct-May) 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday mornings (Only when Stanly County Schools are Closed) 8:30 am - 2:00 pm