STANLY COUNTY FAMILY YMCA
STANLY COUNTY FAMILY YMCA LOCKER ROOM POLICY - Please be aware of the Stanly County Family YMCA locker room policy. Read More
EXCITING NEW OUTREACH PROGRAM ANNOUNCED FOR SUMMER - The Stanly County Family YMCA will be providing a NEW outreach program to the Amhurst Community this summer. Read, Feed, and Lead will be offered to children in the Amhurst Community free of charge this summer. The Y will be in the Amhurst Garden daily to provide reading opportunities to the kids, serve lunch, and lead a physical activity/game. Thank you to the Albemarle Rotary Club for sponsoring this program. Volunteer opportunities are available. Contact Kelley Bigger for more information.
NORWOOD SUMMER DAY CAMP ANNOUNCED ... The Y is partnering with the Town of Norwood to offer seven weeks of Half Day Summer Day Camp to be held in Norwood. Participants will be dropped off at the Norwood Elementary School Gym in the morning. On Thursdays, campers will be transported to the Y for swimming and other activities. Lunch and morning snack will be provided daily. 30 spaces available ... register soon at the Y. Information available at the Y and the Town of Norwood.
FIND THE PERFECT SUMMER DAY CAMP FOR YOUR CHILD… It is time to make plans for your child to attend the BEST Summer Day Camp in the area! Registration is currently open for the Y Summer Day Camp as well as several Specialty Camps. Ranked the #1 Summer Day Camp in Stanly County for the past 7 years, we want to be your choice for your child.
NURTURING OUR YOUNGER YOUTH
The Stanly County Family YMCA welcomes our members’ children, grades K-5th, to a special place just for them - High 5! We are conveniently located on the main floor across from the youth locker rooms.
We provide a secure, nurturing, comfortable, and attractive environment for MEMBERS’ children to meet and play with their “Y friends” while parents enjoy their time at the Y. Children will be offered homework supervision, free play, themed crafts, chapter books, games and gym, and always, a listening ear by caring staff.
Free of charge, High 5 is a benefit to your membership. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the following policies:
- High 5 is open to members’ children K-5th grades only (no exceptions for younger or older). Please be prepared to complete one registration card per child upon your first visit.
- Children can stay in High 5 up to two hours at a time.
- Please bring all necessary materials for your child’s homework if it’s to be done at High 5.
- LABEL EVERYTHING with first and last names. All unclaimed belongings will be donated to charity at the end of each month.
- Parents are welcome to accompany their children to the Youth Lobby to have a snack and/or beverage before, during, or after High 5 reservation time. Water is available for all children.
- Parents are required to make advance reservations for their child(ren) at the Membership Desk, 704-982-1916. Reservations for Monday mornings must be made by 3 pm on Saturday (or by 4 pm on Sundays Oct-May). Reservations for Tuesday-Saturday mornings must be made by 7 pm the night before. Reservations for evening hours must be made by 3 pm on the same day. No Exceptions The number of reservations and the ages of the children determines staffing needs. Walk-ins, drop-ins, and call-ins are not accepted.
- High 5 will only be open on weekday mornings when the Stanly County Schools are closed.
- High 5 can be used only while parents are using the facility. Children may not be left in Minnie’s Place during non-operating hours.
- Please call to change or cancel your reservation. Staff will wait at least 15 minutes for a child to arrive before closing Minnie’s Place. If there is a record of 3 “no-shows” for the month, you will be charged a $5.00 fee.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Saturday 8:15 am - 11:30 am
Sunday (Oct-May) 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday mornings (Only when Stanly County Schools are Closed) 8:30 am - 2:00 pm